Historic Rock Ford was the home of Edward Hand and his family as well as enslaved and free servants and laborers. Edward Hand was Adjutant General to George Washington during the American Revolution. Today, Historic Rock Ford is comprised of 33 acres at the southeastern edge of Lancaster City surrounded by Lancaster County Central Park. The mansion is on the National Register of Historic Places and is recorded in the Historic American Building Survey. Historic Rock Ford is widely considered to be one of the most important examples of Georgian domestic architecture surviving in Pennsylvania and the most intact building predating 1800 in Lancaster County. The mansion’s elegant rooms are furnished with an outstanding collection of period furnishings and decorative arts.

For Historic Rock Ford’s hours of operation, please click here.  

To visit Historic Rock Ford’s website, please click here.

Historic Rock Ford
881 Rockford Road
Lancaster, PA 17602
717-392-7223